Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just wanted to take a minute and say....

Thank you. Seriously, to those of you who are taking the time to read and comment on my story I really really really REALLY appreciate it.

So far this has been a very rewarding journey, I am discovering things about myself that I never thought existed. Allow me to explain:
-I never thought I could be so dark and ominous.
-I had no idea that I could write suspense, those of you who know me are aware that subtly is not an adjective that is used to describe me.
-Rachel Winter is the first character that I haven't imprinted my own personal experience in her journey.
-I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to like Celia more than Rachel. She's more like me ;]
-I had no idea that Basildon was a real town. Seriously, google it. I was blown away. I just needed a random town that was relatively close to London
-In telling this story, I am in turn working through a lot of things in my past. For example: Getting taken advantage of by a BIBLE TEACHER.
-I have a greater respect for Daphne Du Maurier. I thought writing in first person would be easy. I'm finding that I was very naive to think that.
-I scare myself with how dark and evil I've made this villain. I hope that's a good thing. He's really a sick and demented son of a bitch.

I explained earlier this month where my inspiration came from, I didn't express the gratitude and respect that I have for Dame Daphne du Maurier. She really has changed me as a writer, and I seriously have almost every novel she has ever written, she has sixteen; I own eight. Almost there! This story is an attempt to pay homage to what she's done.

So I really do appreciate (and encourage) the comments and constructive criticism. A writer is nothing without a reader, and I am always looking to expand my audience. I'm beginning to work into the climatic peak of the story, and I have a pretty clear idea of where I'm going.

Stay Tuned ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment