Tuesday, April 20, 2010

St. Columb - Epilogue

Epilogue

The sun is just now breaking over the horizon, soon the nightingale will be replaced with the lark and soon my husband will be stirring. Dougan and I were married a few months after the incident at St. Columb, we found a small house in Greenwich; which is closer to London, allowing me to go in and out of the city with ease.

Emma and Grace decided it was too difficult to stay at St. Columb after the tragedies that had occurred there, Parliament agreed and made sure that they got exactly what the house and property was worth; they left the business to the Ashley's, who are now the happy parents of two children they adopted. Last I heard the orphanage was doing splendidly.

Lynsay is going to Oxford, pursuing a degree in education and art. She graduates this spring, and will go on to teach art and psychology. If you recall, I mentioned a charcoal sketch earlier in my story; she finished it after we moved to Greenwich. It sits on my dressing table in a frame, it depicts her and I along with Dougan happily enjoying everyone's company.

Celia, Phillip and little Dona, who isn't so little anymore, are all residing in a suburb in Brentford. Dona will be starting her senior year in high school this year, and her little brother middle school. Celia, Emma and I meet for tea at least three or four times a month to catch up.

As for myself, I suppose telling you this story has been somewhat therapeutic. I feel much lighter now, and though I was awakened by a night terror, I think that will be the last of them for a long time. I realize now that Robby can't harm me anymore, he's gone forever; and though I will always be haunted by some of the events of the past I can't dwell on them. Besides I have many more wonderful things to look forward to in the coming years. Dougan and I are expecting our first child next month.

She just kicked.

2 comments:

  1. How very sweet it is. I really loved this story and hope you'll write others soon!

    Wishing you all the best and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ashley :] <3

    I may have a few other stories brewing in this ole' brain of mine ;]

    ReplyDelete