Tuesday, November 10, 2009

#3: It's Saturday night and here I am with my dog and Cosmo

I mean do I really need to explain it any more than that? Sometimes when I'm home on a weekend and not 'living it up' like my friends, people tend to think that I'm just sitting at home talking to my dog while watching TV and facebooking.

Okay so I'm not making a strong point here but what I'm trying to say is that people just assume that 1.) I'm unhappy 2.) I'm feeling sorry for myself 3.) I'm bored but can't or don't have the desire or means to do anything about it 4.) I'm a lesbian and I secretly have my girlfriend come over for sexy parties that involve whips and leather.

Actually I welcome the time by myself (sometimes, if I'm not thinking I'm doing one of those four things. Which one? I'll never tell...), it gives me time to think and do some soul searching. Or play video games without being ostracized out the wazoo. This time, it happens to be the first option. I'm going to bless you with my conclusion:

I hate drama. I always have, and always will. If I could I would stab people who do like drama with a barbecue fork. I never understood why you would want to start any or get caught up in it. I mean why would you care if Sally stole Frances' boyfriend? It wasn't your boyfriend, you're still getting laid, why do you feel the need to get involved? Who gives a flying fuck if Mary said something about your ass or weight? She's probably just jealous that she has no ass and weighs about the size of an anorexic Chihuahua. If it doesn't concern you, stay out of it. Why is this concept so hard to grasp? Why would you want to make your life difficult?

On that note, why would you want to start drama? I know this may come as a surprise to those who aren't as wise, but it doesn't really accomplish anything but make everyone hate you or drive someone to suicide/coming to school with a sawed off shotgun. As awful as that sounds, it's the truth. There are times when I'm serious, and this is one of them. When you really think about it...all of the violence in our school system starts when one kid is targeted by three or four others. That one kid is picked on viciously and snaps. They make a choice: Make everyone see how much they were hurting or see if anyone really cared at all. Or they make everyone, and then some, hurt as much as they do.

Its scary when you think about it that way isn't it?

I have a message to all of those out there who engage in such activities that I have mentioned, you may want to write this down: Grow up. I don't care how old you are. I've never taken age as a valid excuse for any situation, especially this. We're brought up in a world that says 'Oh its just common for that age group.' or 'Kids will be kids!' did we ever really stop to think that it's that way because we accept it and we think there's no way to change it? It's like personal responsibility and owning up to your mistakes is just 'old fashioned' or something.

I think that the minute you understand right from wrong, the party's over. When I say that I mean you can't get away with anything anymore, you can't say 'But I didn't know it was wrong to punch that kid in the face!'. That's like saying that you don't know not to stick a fork in a light socket. Are you going to have those little plastic things in your outlets for the rest of your life because it's a scape goat? If you do that please let me know because I will come over to your house while you're asleep and steal all of them.

I think I digressed a bit...so I'm going to get back on topic.

Drama ruins lives. It ruins friendships, jobs, ecetera ecetera. I'm not going to beat the dead horse. I think I'm going to go have another Cosmo and go watch Titanic.

I mean after all, I am sitting at home on a Saturday night, isn't that what lonely people do? Drink themselves into a stupor while being turned on by that hot scene in the back of the car?

At least that's how I see it.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment