Tuesday, November 10, 2009

#1: Everyone's gettting married. I'm getting vodka.

Okay, so not really. I just titled it that so you would read this, and because it's funny. In all seriousness, doesn't it seem like everyone and their mother is getting hitched? It puts so much on the minds of us single girls. 'What am I doing wrong?' 'Am I wearing a sign that says unavailable or I have herpes?' 'What if I NEVER get married and I'm forced to spend my days alone with 50 cats and 25 year old newspapers???

Well fret not my friends. It's proven that women don't reach their sexual peak until they're about 30, which in some cases is a load of bollocks (meaning that some girls have been slammed more than a screen door in a nor'easter) but for the most part it's true. So that means that you're (if you marry the right person that is...or at least one that's good in bed) probably going to have some pretty killer sex after 29. But then again, it IS just a statistic.

If you want MY opinion, which I'm sure you do because you're reading this....or you just want another reason to laugh which is okay too...I say hakuna mattata. Your 20's are for enjoyment and figuring out just who the hell you are. If they were meant to plan weddings you would be handed J.Lo and a notebook at midnight on your 20th birthday so you could jump right into planning.

Sure, a guy every now and then to warm the cold side of your bed and take you out is fantastic; you may even considering keeping him around for a while which is okay too. If you want to chase him away, mention marriage; he'll be gone faster than a cheesecake at a weight watchers convention. Guys already know that 20's are for dicking around and enjoying life; even if that dicking around and enjoying life sometimes leads to very poor choices and mug shots. Damnit they had fun didn't they? Not that every guy is like that, but lets face it there is only one Fabio.

Whenever I see wedding announcements in the paper or on facebook I don't fret. I just say to myself 'Hey whatever makes you happy, if that's what you want to do go for it.' and then I pour myself another drink. I just think that you have your whole life to get married, right now I'm going to worry about sipping from that sweet elixir that is my 20's because they only happen once. And hell, for that matter why limit it to your 20's? Lets just say life itself, no matter what age you are is for living it up on YOUR terms.

At least, that's what I think
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment